Yahoo! Accounts ( Mail Notifications )

Yahoo! Accounts ( Mail Notifications )

Postby blid2def » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Some folks have reported that they're not getting their mail notifications, or getting them on time (e.g. email notifications for new posts in a topic you subscribe to). This seems to be isolated to cases where folks are registered here with their Yahoo! mail accounts.

We've done some tests with our mailing system, and it seems that there appears to be an inbound mail delivery issue at Yahoo! lately. What this means is that mail being sent to Yahoo! e-mail accounts (from anywhere) seem to be getting backlogged or lost in transit. This isn't specifically a problem with the forum - although it does seem more severe, with messages from the wookup.com domain to Yahoo! actually getting lost in transit (or more severely delayed than mail from, say, Google mail).

If this is a problem for you, you may change your email account settings by going to User Control Panel - Profile - Edit Account Settings. You'll need to provide your current password to confirm the change.

This change is OPTIONAL. It is only for those folks whose forum accounts are tied to their Yahoo! e-mail addreses and who'd like to change that.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you change your e-mail address, you'll be logged off and then required to re-activate your account. The re-activation e-mail will be sent to the new e-mail address you supplied (e.g. if you switched your registered email from [email protected] to [email protected], the re-activation e-mail will be sent to the gmail account). You then need to click on the link provided in the e-mail to complete the re-activation.

If you do not re-activate after changing your e-mail address, you will not be able to log back in until you do so. It is thus extremely important that you type in the correct e-mail address.

If you changed your registered e-mail address but did not receive a re-activation e-mail, please check your Spam folder. Some mail systems might classify messages from wookup.com incorrectly as spam. Or just wait a bit longer and see.

If you've done all that and still haven't received the re-activation email, please send an e-mail to me (grandrake - at - gmail - dot - com) and state (a) your problem and (b) the new e-mail address you registered with. If I cannot match the e-mail addresses (the one in your message with the one registered in the forum), I will disregard your request.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: Problems with mail notifications to Yahoo! accounts

Postby mojo_ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:31 am

I am one of the folks cited :oops:

Yahoo mail is well and truly busted :x

Thanks to GR for troubleshooting - yahoo mail account holders are advised to take note of his alert... it is working very intermittently, some mails may still arrive but others are either delayed for days or never arrive...
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports