Bugs Report

Bugs Report

Postby HengHeng » Sun May 11, 2008 4:36 am

Bugs,

For the diamonds part. Though the title has being changed but there are still alot of areas in which this change in topic has not being updated. Is it a programing error or something?
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Re: Bug Report

Postby blid2def » Sun May 11, 2008 10:58 am

HengHeng wrote:Bugs,

For the diamonds part. Though the title has being changed but there are still alot of areas in which this change in topic has not being updated. Is it a programing error or something?

I think you're referring to the observation that if the first post title is edited, the subsequent replies to the first post still carry the original, pre-edited title?

The way it works - each post is stored in the database table with its post subject; this allows each user to change his/her post's subject as required. The catch to this flexibility is that it also creates the sort of situation we notice today - i.e. the change in the thread subject doesn't get propagated down. Well, it's logical: if folks are allowed to change their own post subjects, then they won't like changes at the top to overwrite their own post subjects.

So, it's not a bug, but an unfortunate side-effect of the flexibility of the system. I can think of how this could be worked around, but there isn't any work done in that area as far as I can see. Of course, I can always go into the databases and do a global post subject change if needed.

But I like to leave the "Daiamond" there as evidence to everyone that winston can't spell.

p.s. Kelvin - can you see if your phpBB2 is structured similarly?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Sun May 11, 2008 2:44 pm

GR,

How come the View New Posts list sometimes don't get updated? I posted an article on Market direction this morning.. but when I come back in the afternoon.. there is only 1 post on "latest Posts"?

Regards,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Sun May 11, 2008 3:00 pm

millionairemind wrote:GR,

How come the View New Posts list sometimes don't get updated? I posted an article on Market direction this morning.. but when I come back in the afternoon.. there is only 1 post on "latest Posts"?

Regards,
mm

Now that's odd. I tested a couple of times myself; can't get the problem duplicated. Let me check this further. Hehe.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Sun May 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Now only got 2 posts.. both by you.. :P
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Sun May 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Okay two possibilities - cookie thingie, or your profile settings.

Go to User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Display Options, play around with how posts are filtered/displayed, and see if it makes a difference.

If no difference, log out -> clear your browser cookies -> log in again; see if it helps.

Sorry ah, I'm doing something now so not entirely focused on investigating hehee. You play around with those suggestions first; if problem persists, beep! :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Photos 03 (Nov 10 - Dec 10)

Postby tonylim » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Why sometimes investideas forum became webcite of facebook ?
I experienced few times today, any reason why ? My computer has virus ?
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Re: Photos 03 (Nov 10 - Dec 10)

Postby kennynah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 pm

i oso experienced some of such "advertisements" too... i dont think it is virus... it's W's attempt to get some funding for this website...

W : correct me if i'm wrong..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi K,

I dont think Tony is referring to those advertizements.

I have also faced some problems as well. The investideas page suddenly becomes the previous site I was at eg. Reuters.

I will leave it to 802 to see whether it's something that needs fixing. Does not looked like a big problem so far.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Bugs Report

Postby tonylim » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all,

My investideas website always disapperaed and changed to face book within 2 to 3 seconds (Not refer to the advistisements). I must log in many many many many times then the website can stay on . Please help me! SOS. :P
Have a nice weekend. ( if I can't access anoymore )
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Next

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports