Feedback on InvestIdeas

Re: Erm can we take out the news updates from active topics?

Postby ichew » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm

erm i'd like to say tat i do agree with Hengheng
and i also like to thank Winston, MM, and I cant rem who else who had been actively posting news, updates from houses etc
i know it takes time, commitments, and efforts to do these posting
so i also dunno how to put this to u guys tat on the one hand i appreciate these news, on the other hand i am also more interested in non-news postings

or issit possible to have 2 threads per stock?
eg "Olam - News" and "Olam - forummers posting"
and have the "Olam - News" in another sub-forum
something like tat?

of cos, i dunno if this will work cos some may wanna read everything abt 1 stock in 1 thread

anyway hard to please everyone la :-)

but hey guys i am enjoying all ur postings, news, comments watever ...

thanks!
ichew
Foreman

Re: Erm can we take out the news updates from active topics?

Postby blid2def » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi ichew, just to get back quickly on the splitting topics part - that's something I'd not want to do, as all it does is create even more topics (haha), and make it confusing for folks. For example, news trigger comments/discussions (okay, I know, we have a skew right now when it comes to the news:comments ratio), and it gets odd finding things in one place or another.

Certainly, parts of the issues raised can be addressed technically, but the other part of it is basically individual purposes and preferences in using the forum. The part where it's technical, I can look for developed and supported modules that I could plug into the forum to help alleviate issues (haven't found any good ones so far).
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: Feedback on our Forum

Postby winston » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 am

Dear All,

After cleaning up our membership list, we now have about 190 "active" members, down from about 260 registered members.

Out of this 190 "active" members, only a handful are regular contributors.

If each and everyone of our "active" members, is to contribute at least a post a day, we will easily have 5 times more postings than what we currently have now.

On a typical day, we discussed 30 different topics with about 40 postings. However, the postings the last few days, were from only about 10 people. That represents only less than 5% of our current "active" members

We do understand that most of the members have a full time "8 to 7" job and do not have much time to post, let alone read all the stuff in the forum. However, we do hope that you would be able to find time to post once in a while.

It's only through the active participation of our members, that we would be able to make this forum a success.

Have a nice Sunday !

Thanks and take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby cif5000 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:40 pm

To be honest, this forum is a partial analyst report database without the capability of sorting (e.g. by buy and sell calls, by analysts, by brokering houses, by date, by companies). I mean, a forum is a place for opinions and discussion. If one is interested in going through reports, he/she would have already subscribed to one. http://www.remisiers.org/research.html lists reports chronologically. We can also access brokering houses reports for free. Your broker would also be most willing to send you reports, if you only asked. I know this had been discussed before.

Not to say that having those reports copied and pasted here are useless, but it is not what a forum is "supposed" to be, unless the content of these reports are topics of discussion. If the desire is to have a database for reports, then a forum structure may not be a good choice.

Maybe it's time to grow this venture...
cif5000
Foreman

Postby sidney » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm

My view is that we need more interactions on the social aspect,..like hiking trips in SG, or overseas or some photos or video taken while on vacation to share forumies on large slices of life.
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:09 am

sidney wrote:My view is that we need more interactions on the social aspect,..like hiking trips in SG, or overseas or some photos or video taken while on vacation to share forumies on large slices of life.

i agree with you bro..

you wana start a KTV Outing Thread? :lol:

but seriously... we do need a rest-and-relax-corner, a place where people talk cock about anything but stock related issues... eg...could be about

"How I got Entangled with a PRC Mei Mei and I Bought her an LV Bag"...or something like dat... :idea:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sidney » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm

kennynah wrote:
sidney wrote:My view is that we need more interactions on the social aspect,..like hiking trips in SG, or overseas or some photos or video taken while on vacation to share forumies on large slices of life.

i agree with you bro..

you wana start a KTV Outing Thread? :lol:

but seriously... we do need a rest-and-relax-corner, a place where people talk cock about anything but stock related issues... eg...could be about

"How I got Entangled with a PRC Mei Mei and I Bought her an LV Bag"...or something like dat... :idea:

Hahaha that will generate alot of interest definately! I no have experience in that ley, by the way, the last trip to KTV was to sing only... U know, after ICT, go KTV with bros go relax relax.. i sing no voice
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby winston » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 am

Dear Cherry,

In case you did not get my PM, I have moved your post into the "Retirement & Financial Planning" thread, located in the "Other Investment Ideas" section.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

Dear All,

Thanks for your kind comments on how we can improve the forum. Please do continue with your kind suggestions.

Thanks and have a nice Sunday !

Take care,
Winston
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Dear All,

Please do continue your feedback, on how we can improve this forum for you.

If you are not comfortable discussing the issue in public, please do send me a Private Message instead.

I will also be moving this thread into the Announcement Section to give it more visibility.

Thanks & take care,
Winston
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports