Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Postby HengHeng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Can i request for a my favorites page where i can choose the pages i wanna see.

Coz everytime i wanna read an article using the recent active post , things can pushed down so fast that i can have search for the updates on the articles.

Yes i know , people are eager to post information and i do support that. But can we have a customized page where i can pick the ones i wanna see ? OR is there already this function ?

So sorry i know i always ask alot.
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Re: Request for my favorites

Postby blid2def » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Hmm, you mean like you subscribe to a few topics, then you click on a link, it only shows those topics in your list which has new posts?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby HengHeng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 pm

no something like .. i only see what i want ...

For instance

i can customise the page to see only a few topics , not an update ... of coz if got any updates the thing would move accordingly lah ..

For e.g if i choose this few topic , there will still be there be it whether have new updates or not but assuming if got .. they will toggle to the front.

Gold , silver etc

Retirement and Financial planning

Singapore Economic New

etc etc
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:00 pm

there is a 'Bookmark topic' right at the bottom of the page.

Does it helps?

Once you bookmark it, you can access the topics that you bookmark via User Control Panel at the top.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Ah okay, I got what you mean. Hmm, I guess that makes sense. For example, if you're vegetarian, you don't wanna see the menu with beef chop and chicken rice.

Okay, I'll need to dig around and see what's available from the developers. As mentioned in the past, I can't do the development myself (too much time & effort to read/learn the codes, etc.), so I usually just take what's available. Since there is a "subscribe" feature already, I'd think that technically, it should be possible to do this - whether someone has done that or not is another matter. :D

I'll see what I can find. If there isn't anything available, then there are actually workarounds you could use. I'll get back to you on this.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 pm

802 - you so smart! :D Yeah, the bookmarking will work. HH - can you confirm if that's what you wanted?

If so, the only bit now is you need to go control panel to access / manage your bookmarks (so 2 clicks). If that's what's needed, I'll see if I can put the bookmarks link beside the View Active Topics link, so the bookmarks are one click away instead.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby HengHeng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:22 pm

yes but bookmark doesn't show the updates as a page itself.

Well moving it to display page would work great

HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Okay I can't find any other mods on this anyway, so looks like this will be the solution (i.e. use bookmarks). I'll look at how to put the link on the main page later, should be a quick piece of work but a bit busy now hehe.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby HengHeng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 pm

no prob ... take ur time ... actually don't bother if u have no time

HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:10 pm

HengHeng wrote:no prob ... take ur time ... actually don't bother if u have no time

Time is always have one. Just prioritization... like now, my Star Wars game higher priority. :lol: :lol: :lol:
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports