Templates

Templates

Postby blid2def » Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Subsilver2, Prosilver & Prosilver10px

Prosilver and Prosilver10px are essentially the same, except that Prosilver10px is a font size smaller. More pleasing for people with big eyes like me. :D

Subsilver2 is a old-style template; colours are less pastel and more gentle to the eyes of older people.

To switch styles, go to User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> ... and you can see what to do from there.

I won't be messing around with these styles too much from hereon. Just want to let the forum stabilize first. So, dun bug me about changing colours or font sizes until next year July!!! I'll be looking at adding a couple of new features (like the last topic preview thingies). Takes time lah to find the right plug-in, set it up, test, etc. so please bear with the delays and occasional quirks (esp. when you login late at night - we don't have a crash & burn server, so everything is pretty much done on the production environment MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA).
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: 3 templates available now

Postby HengHeng » Fri May 09, 2008 1:48 pm

1. Can i request for pastoral green ? .. Or Dark grey or Black?

2. Can we do something about the thickness of the lines ? Yes the default font has being increased (size increased but line still too thin) but it is still difficult on the eye. I believe the other lao huei will join me on this. I think the bold lines are just nice for reading. Or increase the darkness of the black line. I think this is not the darkest it can go.

To highlight my suggestion .. I used this line to compare .. i think too thick for this bold but a thinner one would be better

As for the color part. Do you see the slight difference in the rending of color

Oh ya this is for the sub silver thingy. The ones for ah peks.

So sorry for the constant requests.
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri May 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Eh, I'll be frank lah - I think I've done quite a fair bit of template / styles tuning for now - I want a break from it lah. Give yourself a chance to adapt a bit dah. You go shopping centre also cannot request that they change the font size of the elevator buttons right? :)
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby HengHeng » Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 pm

kki try to do something abt it myself .. LOL sorry for the trouble though
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri May 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi HH, no problems - thanks for understanding. Some of your suggestions have been implemented or are being implemented (soon) too, so I want to thank you for highlighting those too. :D

When I have more time to play around with the themes & templates, I'll set up something for you to test & critique them. I can't commit a time, but hopefully I'll be able to come around to that one of these days. :)
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:10 pm

I've gone back down to 2 templates... realized that I'd made a bit of a mess with the templates previously on the backend.

So now it's down to:
- Prosilver (default)
- Subsilver (low maintenance - as in I may not add new features for this theme in future)

For those using the prosilver template, I'm going to just keep things simple and push everything back into one template instead of maintaining 2 sets with marginal font size differences. Hope this isn't a problem. If really big problem, please speak to your counsellor or call your Town Council.

HAHAAHAHAHA... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Or, simply call police :)

Tx man for these efforts
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:29 pm

kennynah wrote:Or, simply call police :)

Tx man for these efforts

No problem. I'm only trying to make things simpler for myself. Sometimes (or often hahahahaha) I have to sacrifice members' interests for that. I'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's arse and tell them it's all for their own good, etc. No, it's all because I believe in making life easier for the admins and mods. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Then better just use 1 std template:). Anyways, not that I know the differences betw prosilver, gold, copper or vanilla. Sotong lah me
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:01 pm

kennynah wrote:Then better just use 1 std template:). Anyways, not that I know the differences betw prosilver, gold, copper or vanilla. Sotong lah me

Two is fine, because usually people do provide updates for the subsilver2 template, as it's still widely used. But when the updates aren't provided, I just don't provide them. Whoever still uses the template here understands this, so no issue. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports