US - Politics 01 (Apr 12 - Oct 20)

US - Politics 01 (Apr 12 - Oct 20)

Postby winston » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 am

Doug Casey on the US Constitution

Doug Casey takes aim at the US Constitution, from its sneaky beginnings to its encroachments on individual liberty and free markets.

Louis: Doug, we've threatened to talk about the Constitution many times. Since there's increasing interest in the country's economic and political future, maybe now is a good time to put that into a fuller historical context..

Doug: Good idea. I confess I suspected this was coming up, so I just now read the Constitution again. This is actually something I recommend to everyone.

Unfortunately, the Constitution is now a dead letter, but reading it is instructive in a number of ways, and it only takes about ten minutes. One should know the law of the land, even if it no longer applies.

That will probably be enough for one conversation, but we should probably also take up the amendments, especially the Bill of Rights, in a future conversation, and then maybe another on the Declaration of Independence – another short document everyone should read.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/d ... 447ED0412A
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: US - Politics

Postby iam802 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 am

Elections. It makes men says 'sorry'

--
Romney Apologizes for Bullying Schoolmates in High School

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ol/257009/
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Looks like this guy has no problem with intentionally hurting another human being.

And can you trust someone who cannot remember holding another person down and then cutting off his hair ?

That means that he has either done more wicked things which he stills remember or he's intentionally telling a lie ...

Sometimes it's better to vote in a mediocre person instead of a wicked person.

Mitt Romney apologises after 'gay bully' school report

Presumptive US Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has apologised for school "pranks" after a report he bullied a classmate thought to be gay.

The Washington Post reported that in 1965 Mr Romney held down a younger student and cut off his hair.

Mr Romney said that he did not remember the incident, but apologised for "hijinks and pranks" that "may have gone too far".

The Post interviewed five former classmates of Mr Romney about his time as a student at the Cranbrook School outside of Detroit, Michigan.

The classmates said Mr Romney objected to a younger student's bleached blond, longer hair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18028394
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Romney adamantly rejects same-sex marriage by Emmanuel Parisse

Republican White House challenger Mitt Romney, wooing social conservatives, has adamantly rejected same-sex marriage and trumpeted his belief in Christian values and the family.

Three days after Barack Obama became the first US president to back gay and lesbian marriage, Romney told university graduates that the "pre-eminence of the family" remains at the heart of the principles that underpin the nation.

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?a ... &buid=3281
winston
Billionaire Boss

2012 - Predicions, Feng Shui, Astrology, Resolutions etc

Postby winston » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Astrologers say celestial charts favor Obama over Romney By Kathy Finn

NEWS ORLEANS (Reuters) - The votes are in and it is unanimous: Barack Obama will win re-election to the U.S. presidency in November, according to five astrologers who offered predictions at their convention on Tuesday.

Each of the five astrologers on the presidential panel explained how they came to their assessments, with most relying on studies of celestial charts pertinent to both Obama and presumed Republican nominee Mitt Romney for the date of either the election itself or the next presidential inauguration.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/ ... E520120529
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:41 am

We Are at a Turning Point by Andrew P. Napolitano

Presently in America, nearly half of all households receive either a salary or substantial benefits from the government.

Presently in America, nearly half of all adults pay no federal income taxes.

Presently in America, the half that pay no income taxes receive the bulk of their income courtesy of the government, but ultimately from the half that do.

This money is extracted involuntarily from the paying half by a permanent bureaucracy that extracts and gives away more each year no matter who is running the government.

The recipients of these transfer payments rely upon them for subsistence, so they have a vested financial interest in sending to Washington those who will continue to take your money and give it to them.

http://lewrockwell.com/napolitano/napolitano62.1.html
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Obama is on Charlie Rose now.

If you ask me to choose between him and Romney, I would probably choose Obama, although I'm not his fan.

It's just that I dont think Romney has a good heart.

The incident of Romney holding down his classmate and then cutting off his hair still bothers me.

Vote wisely.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Romney backtracks on criticism of London Olympics by Danny Kemp

US presidential hopeful Mitt Romney tried on Thursday to calm a row over unflattering comments he made about the London Olympics, as he met a series of British political leaders.

The Republican former governor of Massachusetts jetted in with wife Ann on Wednesday for a three-day trip which will take in the opening ceremony and a meeting with Prime Minister David Cameron.

But he caused a storm in Britain when he said in a television interview aired Wednesday that there were "disconcerting" reports about London's Olympic preparations, and questioned whether Britons were behind the Games.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:40 am

Good choice. At least he did not pick Sarah Palin or Condaleeza Rice ...

It's Romney himself that I have a problem with. Would you not have remembered, if you have ever pinned down someone and then shaved his head ? Either you have done it many times or you are lying. At the same time, is it not possible for an "evil" person to change ?

Paul Ryan: fiscal hero may be risky VP pick for Romney by Michael Mathes

By choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate, White House hopeful Mitt Romney is gambling on voters wanting a showdown over the nation's fiscal future and the role of government in American life.

Bucking the conventional wisdom that he would opt for safety over risk and woo independents rather than firing up his base, the Republican flagbearer has chosen a conservative hero who is a lightning rod for controversy.

Ryan, the serious and impassioned fiscal pitbull who has emerged as a star in the House of Representatives over his plan to slash spending, was the choice of many influential conservatives seeking a bold running mate for Romney.

Ryan, a seven-term congressman from the Midwestern state of Wisconsin is a clear Washington insider who at age 42 has already worked on Capitol Hill nearly half his life.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Don't know...good or bad.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Next

Return to Archives